Saturday, January 31, 2015

Neca "Leatherback" 7inch Pacific Rim Figure Pt.2


Leatherback is the Kaiju figure produced for Series 2. It's a massive figure when comparing the rest of them.

The overall sculpting is great with lots of details on the skin. Its skin looks realistic.

I have no doubt Neca is very good in the paint work on their products.

As the head only rotates at the neck, you cannot move it up and down. The blue spiky hair is made of soft rubber for safety reason.

The arms have limited articulations and they only move forward and backward.

As the fingers and thumbs have movable joints, these more or less help in certain poses.

Leatherback can't really stand due to its top heavy body.

Similar to Knifehead, you can adjust its lower jaw.

Although the figure has limited articulations, I still love it in terms of likeness accuracy, sculpting and paint work. You may see its packaging here (Next Review: Striker Eureka).

4 comments:

Dennis aka Katsuden said...

Looks monstrous bro! In a way Neca succeed.. It's like a rock gorilla and in close up the surface looks like there's corals from deep blue sea. Those neon lines makes it rather define like trace-on in some anime. I guess this creature won't go wrong on balance. Look forward to next installment of the movie.

deSMOnd said...

Dennis, I was very happy when I read the news that there would be a second instalment of this movie :)

Combo said...

I'm a huge fan of the Pacific Rim franchise. I like these 7-inch figures but I always with the 18-inch ones also by NECA.

deSMOnd said...

Combo, glad to hear you are a huge fan too. I also interested in the 18inch series but with space constraint in my house, I have to pass them all :)